The 3 easy ways to hire a bike…
Use the app
- Enter the bike number and you’ll receive a 4-digit code
- Enter the code into the bike computer, press ok, and the bike will unlock
- Secure the cable lock in the holder on the basket and off you go!
Need to make a stop mid trip? No problem!
- Temporarily lock the cycle by passing the cable lock through the fork and securing the bike
- Press C to park; and
- When you return, re-enter your 4-digit code to release the lock.
Remember, your hire time continues until you return the bike to a docking station.
Once you've finished your ride...
- Return your bike to any Santander Cycles docking station
- Push the lock cable through the docking station rack and fork to secure
- Push to lock, pull to check
- Press OK to end the hire and wait for the Returned confirmation message
- Lock the bike to itself with the cable lock and leave it next to the station
- Just confirm you’ve returned it on the bike’s computer or call the nextbike team on 020 8166 9851 for Milton Keynes and Brunel, or 02922 481736 for Swansea.